“Go over-the-top or go home” is what this burger is saying and we are agreeing.
1 pack (2 steaks) of Meeat Burger patties
2 vegan brioche buns
2 slices of vegan cheddar ”cheese”
1 heirloom tomato
Canola oil for the pan
1 dl vegan mayo
2 tbsp vegan BBQ-sauce
2 tbsp fried onion flakes
500 g new harvest- or other small potatoes (e.g. Annabelle)
1 tbsp canola oil
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
Bunch of chives
Mayo & ketchup
- Start with the potatoes: Preheat the oven to 225 °C. Rinse and halve the potatoes. Mix the potatoes with oil and spices. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast them on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Slice the tomato and the gherkin. Cut the lettuce into thin strips.
- Mix all ingredients of the BBQ-mayonnaise.
- Toast the brioche buns on a dry pan from both sides and set aside.
- Spoon the BBQ mayonnaise to both halves of the brioche buns. Arrange the gherkin slices on the top half of the bun.
- Drizzle some oil to a frying pan and bring it to the heat. Brown the steaks with medium heat for approximately 5 minutes per side. After flipping the steaks, place the ”cheese” slices on top of the them to soften, and keep browning the steaks for the other 5 minutes. Lift the sizzling-hot steaks on top of the base-halves of the brioche buns. Add a bunch of fresh, crunchy salad, slice of a tomato and finally the top half of the bun on top of it.
- Chop the chives finely and sprinkle them on top of the roasted potatoes. Serve the potatoes with some mayonnaise and good quality ketchup.