Smoky eggplant, vegan omelette, avocado and a juicy burger patty… You had us already at the smoky eggplant but the list just kept going better and better!
1 pack (2 steaks) of Muu Burger patties
2 big whole grain buns
Olive oil for the pan
½ tbsp canola oil
½ tbsp soy sauce
½ tbsp HP brown sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp lemon juice
Sprinkle of salt
1 dl chickpea flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp turmeric
1 ¼ dl water
½ tbsp Dijon mustard
A sprinkle of black salt (kala namak)
Olive oil for frying
- Prep the eggplants first. Preheat the oven to 150 °C. Mix the marinade for the eggplant. Slice the eggplant to approximately 1 cm thickness and make a few gentle crisscross cuts to them. Brush both sides of the eggplants with the marinade and roast them on the middle rack of the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients of the omelette, apart from the black salt. Add water and mustard and whisk evenly. Leave the batter to thicken.
- Slice the tomatoes, mince the parsley.
- Purée all the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a food processor or with a hand blender.
- Toast both halves of the buns on a dry pan on both sides and set aside.
- Spoon the avocado sauce on both halves of the bun. Layer the base half with a generous amount of sprouts.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan and fry the steaks for approximately five minutes per side. Lift the hot steaks on top of the sprouts and add a slice of the roasted eggplant.
- Heat another splash of olive oil in the pan and pour in the omelette batter. After flipping the omelette, sprinkle the black salt on it. When the omelette is nice and done on both sides, sprinkle on the chopped parsley. Fold the omelette in half and cut it in two. Lift the omelettes into the burger, on top of the eggplants.
- Add the tomato slices and finally top it with the top half of the bun.